If you’re wanting to have a rustic wedding in the mountains, the East Canyon Resort wedding venue would be just the place. East Canyon Resort is a destination wedding venue without the destination price, located just 45 minutes from Salt Lake City. When you book East Canyon Resort for your wedding venue, the bride and groom receive a complimentary two night condo stay with the option of renting additional condos for their guests. The outdoor ceremony site has a breathtaking view. It is surrounded by gorgeous mountains, a calm river and a waterfall beside it. I’m grateful to Debbie from East Canyon for taking the time to answer some questions about their gorgeous wedding venue. If you’re considering an East Canyon Resort wedding, these questions should be helpful!
Payment, Rental Fee & Vendors
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- We can accommodate 200 people on our back deck and then 150 people inside.
- What is the rental fee, and what’s included in that price?
- During the summer our price is $3,250 and during fall it is $2,500. That price includes exclusive use of the back lawn, back deck, loft, tables and chairs, set up and take down of chairs, trash services during the wedding, and a 2 night complementary stay in one of our condos. Extra conditions are available at additional costs. There is no fee to serve alcohol.
- Do you accept payment plans?
- Yes, but your total fee must be paid 14 days before your wedding.
- What’s your weather backup plan for outdoor spaces?
- We have plenty of indoor space as a backup.
- Do you have an in-house career or a list of “preferred” caterers, or does the couple need to provide their own? If there is an in-house caterer, does the couple have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- We are a DIY venue, meaning you can bring in all your vendors and caterers at no charge. We do not have in-house catering.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors, or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- We do have a preferred vendors list to help couples find vendors, but they can have anyone come in.
Amenities For Your East Canyon Resort Wedding
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided or will does the couple need to rent them on their own?
- Only tables and chairs are provided.
- Do you have an inventory of decor that can be borrowed from?
- Can things be moved around, or is everything supposed to stay as is?
- We meet with couples a few weeks in advance to make a layout, so they can move anything at that point.
- Can the couple use their own candles/confetti/sparklers/food-trucks?
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- The complementary condo serves as a changing room for the bride and groom.
- Do you provide heating and/or umbrellas for outdoor spaces?
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
Parking & Alcohol
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guest park?
- There is onsite parking free of charge.
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
- All couples must bring their own licensed bartenders.
Your East Canyon Resort Wedding Photographer
I hope this guide to East Canyon Resort weddings was helpful as you’re navigating the planning process. Maybe you’re searching for other mountain wedding venues in Utah, though. Check out these other blog posts that cover any questions you might have about mountain wedding venues.
Thanks for having a look! I would absolutely love to be your Utah wedding photographer at East Canyon or any other venue you’re choosing. Either way, just get in touch with me by filling out this form to make sure that I’m available, even if you haven’t booked your venue yet. Let’s get it on the calendar!