Millcreek Inn is a beautiful outdoor wedding venue nestled in the mountains of Salt Lake City. It is a private venue, which means that when you rent it, the whole venue is yours for the entire duration of your event. When you book your wedding reception or ceremony at Millcreek Inn, their staff helps plan and execute a stress-free and unforgettable event. The venue is complete with a charming indoor dining area, an outdoor patio and dining space and lush, secluded grounds. Nestled among the pine trees, you can enjoy an evening celebrating with your loved ones and leave them in awe of the beauty of Millcreek Inn. I’m grateful to Hannah for answering some questions that you’ll run into as you’re booking your wedding ceremony or reception at Millcreek Inn. Their website is linked here, with any additional information that you’ll need.
Payment, Rental Fee & Vendors
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- Millcreek Inn accommodates 160 guests from May through October and 120 guests from November through April.
- What is the rental fee, and what’s included in that price?
- Pricing varies by month, day, and time. May through October pricing on a Sunday-Friday in the morning would be $1,250 plus a $2,000 food and beverage minimum, as an example. Included is set up and clean up of tables, chairs, china, silverware, canopy, heaters and patio umbrellas. Standard ivory, white, or black table linens and linen napkins are also provided.
- Do you accept payment plans?
- We require a $1500 deposit up front, and the remaining balance is due 7 days before the event. If people would like to make payments during the planning process, they are welcome to. There is no set structure.
- What’s your weather backup plan for outdoor spaces?
- We do offer a canopy (with beautiful fabric and lights hanging inside) if we see weather coming. In the colder months, the canopy is converted into a temperature controlled tent with clear walls, so you still get a view of the landscape.
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers, or does the couple need to provide their own? If there is an in-house caterer, does the couple have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- We do have in-house catering that couples are required to use. Although we have an extensive menu, the chef also welcomes customization.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- Outside of food and alcohol (excluding the cake), couples can hire any vendors they please.
Amenities For Your Millcreek Inn Wedding
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided or will does the couple need to rent them on their own?
- We do provide all of those items.
- Do you have an inventory of decor that can be borrowed from?
- I do have some decor items such as centerpieces, welcome signs, and a card box, however, couples are welcome to bring in any of their own decor.
- Can things be moved around, or is everything supposed to stay as is?
- To an extent, things can be moved. Outside, the ceremony and dinner set up is very customizable. Inside we do ask that furniture in the dressing rooms, front room, and hanging decor stay in place.
- Can the couple use their own candles/confetti/sparklers/food-trucks?
- We are lucky enough to be inside the Wasatch National Forest, which makes us responsible for the care of the surrounding environment. We do not allow sparklers, open flame candles, or plastics in confetti that can get into the soil. However, we do allow candles surrounded in glass, at least 1 in. above the flame. Since all food is required to go through our catering, food trucks are not allowed.
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- We do have two dressings rooms for the couple and wedding party to use.
- Do you provide heating and/or umbrellas for outdoor spaces?
- We do! We will have them ready to go in case the weather suddenly turns, as it’s known to do in Utah.
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
- We do have a sound system and microphone, but no a/v equipment.
Parking & Alcohol At Millcreek Inn
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guests park?
- We do and it is complimentary. However, space is limited, so we recommend the guests carpool or take a Lyft/Uber/taxi.
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
- We are licensed. It is required for all alcohol to come through us. Couples may not provide their own alcohol.
Your Millcreek Inn Wedding Photographer
I will be more than happy to help with any questions that you have about Millcreek Inn or any other wedding venue you’re looking at. If you haven’t already found a wedding photographer that you love, I would love to be there for you on your big day. Fill out this form right here and let’s see if we’re a good fit! Maybe you’re looking for other venues in Salt Lake City, though. If you are, check out the blog posts that I’ll link down below. I will also link some blog posts about wedding venues in Park City as well as blog posts featuring Park City and Salt Lake wedding planners with a lot of helpful information. Happy venue shopping! 🙂 keep scrolling for some photos of the beautiful Millcreek Inn wedding venue.
Again, let me know if I can answer any questions for you! I’m happy to help.
The grounds at Millcreek Inn are landscaped beautifully!