Moab Under Canvas wedding venue is one of my favorite venues to have ever come across. I’ve never seen a more beautiful resort. Moab Under Canvas is only 7 miles north of Moab, tucked between Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park. If you love hiking, mountain biking and climbing, Moab Under Canvas would be a great option for your wedding weekend! Under Canvas was awarded was one of the ‘Top 15 Resort Hotels in the West’ by Travel + Leisure and ‘Top 25 Resorts in the US – Midwest & West’ by Conde Nast Traveler and definitely won’t disappoint your guests as they stay at this gorgeous resort for your big day! I had the awesome opportunity to get more information about this resort from Dorie at Moab Under Canvas, and I hope this is helpful to you as you’re planning your big day! Let’s get right to it.
Payment, Rental Fee & Vendors
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- Buyouts typically accommodate 80-110 guests.
- What is the rental fee, and what’s included in that price?
- Buyouts are custom quoted but include the nightly rate of all 40 glamping tents plus a venue fee
- Do you accept payment plans?
- Deposits are typically broken down into several payments.
- What’s your weather backup plan for outdoor spaces?
- We have an indoor lobby, but most weddings choose to have a tent backup.
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers, or does the couple need to provide their own? If there is an in-house caterer, does the couple have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- We have a list of vendors that we recommend.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- The couple can hire their own vendors. However, we do require a wedding planner.
Amenities For Your Moab Under Canvas Wedding
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided or does the couple need to rent them on their own?
- None of those are provided and must be brought in by the couple.
- Do you have an inventory of decor that can be borrowed from?
- With buyouts, you have access to the entire property, which may include indoor lounge furniture and outdoor tables and chairs by our recreation area.
- Can things be moved around, or is everything supposed to stay as is?
- Yes, furniture can be moved.
- Can the couple use their own candles/confetti/sparklers/food-trucks?
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- The couple typically changes in their glamping tent or at our bathroom cabins.
- Do you provide heating and/or umbrellas for outdoor spaces?
- We have a limited number of outdoor heaters.
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
- No, unfortunately we do not.
Parking & Alcohol
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guests park?
- Yes, there is enough parking for our 40 glamping tents.
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
- No, unfortunately we are not.
Your Moab Under Canvas Wedding Photographer
I’ve come across a ton of wedding venues as a vendor, and I truly can’t say enough good about this resort. I would love nothing more than to capture memories of your big day at Moab Under Canvas. My calendar is filling up fast, so fill out this form to see if your date is still available! I truly hope this information was helpful to you. I’m here to answer any questions that you might have regarding wedding photography, this venue, or any other venue. Maybe you’re looking for other venues in the Moab area, though. Check out these blog posts linked below for more helpful information! Happy venue shopping 🙂