Park City weddings are stunning all year long. If you’re planning a Park City wedding, I highly recommend hiring a local wedding planner. I connected with Michelle Leo of Michelle Leo Events based out of the Park City area who has been in the industry for a decade now! Michelle was so generous to answer questions that most couples probably have about wedding planning. If you’re beginning the process of planning your wedding, here are some insightful answers to questions that you’ll most likely run into along the way. Being a Park City wedding planner keeps her busy, so I’m very grateful she took the time to answer these questions. If you’re looking for a photographer for your wedding weekend, I’d love to help you out. Fill out this form to inquire!
- What kinds of services do you offer? (Month of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
- Our service offerings can be found here.
- How many meetings do you generally have with your couple?
- It depends on the couple and the type of wedding we are planning.
- Do you handle professional services, contracts and payment processing?
- We do for our services and for vendor services, we remind the couple what they owe and when it is due to their contracted vendors.
- Can you walk me through the process of selecting other vendors and how the couple is involved with that?
- We make customized vendor recommendations based on the couples style, budget and priorities.
- Do you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing?
- No, the paper vendor does.
- How do you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
- Through a very detailed day-of timeline that is delivered two weeks in advance of the event for vendor feedback with a final event timeline delivered one week prior to the event.
- How many people on your staff will be at the wedding/event?
- Depends on the event logistics, but we generally provide a team ranging between 5-6
- How many weddings have you planned?
- I have been planning weddings for a decade, so I’ve lost count!
- What was the most unique wedding you ever planned?
- They’re all unique and have personalized details. Each one is different from the next which is what makes my job so exciting and fun. A few favorites include a custom glass tent we had made for a celebration at St. Regis Deer Valley, a vintage carnival-themed reception where we transformed a 10,000 square foot (empty) building into a magical wonderland, and a monet-inspired watercolor palette design for a destination wedding in San Antonio.
- How many weddings are you generally working on at the same time? Does it just depend on the season?
- We execute anywhere from 25-40 events in a year with the majority of them taking place between June and September
- What is the average size wedding that you plan?
- The majority of our weddings are Utah-destination events with an average guest count of 150.
- Do you have preferred vendors?
- Do you offer payment plans?
Contact Michelle Leo Events!
Thank you again to the Park City wedding planner, Michelle Leo, for taking the time to answer these questions. Here is her website to inquire. In order to best serve my couples, I take on a very limited number of weddings each year. Fill out my contact form to learn more about photography. If you’re looking for some gorgeous Park City wedding venues that are unique and beautiful, make sure to check out this blog post.