If you’re looking for a memorable and picturesque setting for your big day, Snowbasin Resort would be a perfect location for your wedding. The Snowbasin Resort wedding venue includes outdoor locations and two magnificent lodges. The ambiance of Snowbasin is perfect for any wedding ceremony and/or reception. They have an award-winning catering team that will work with you to create your dream wedding from an elegant plated meal, to a simple dessert or appetizer reception. While planning one of the biggest events of your life can be daunting, the staff at Snowbasin Resort will serve to make your wedding a uniquely personal event. Their wedding packages include options and catering selections tailored to your taste and budget. With attention to detail, their coordinators are dedicated to making your wedding perfect in every way.
Thank you to the staff at Snowbasin Resort for answering some questions about what a Snowbasin Resort wedding would look like. Here are some in-depth questions and answers that will most likely come to mind as you’re planning your big day!
Payment & Rental Fee At Snowbasin Resort
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- Earl’s Lodge- up to 250 for a sit down plated meal, 300 for a social style event. Needles Lodge- up to 160 for a sit down plated meal.
- Do you accept payment plans?
- After the initial deposit is made, payments can be arranged with an event coordinator.
- How much does a wedding at Snowbasin Resort cost?
- Our room rental prices vary by time of year, day of the week and by the space itself. We have two patios and 5 different dining rooms within 2 lodges that are available for private events. Depending on your group size, what you are looking for and your date, you may have a few options to choose from. Our Event Sales Manager would be happy to discuss your options and prices with you.
- How many hours do we have the space?
- We allow a total timeline of 6 hours, plus two hours early arrival for set up. Extra time can be added for an added fee.
- Do you offer lower rates on weekdays?
- Yes, we offer reduced room rental rates on Sunday – Thursday dates.
- What does Snowbasin Resort include in their packages?
- We provide all food, beverage, serving staff, bartenders, furniture, linen, and space. We will do all the setup, besides decorating, and all clean up at the end of the event. All you would need to do is decorate if you wish.
- Can we have just our ceremony at Snowbasin Resort?
Vendors For Your Snowbasin Resort Wedding
- Does Snowbasin Resort allow outside catering?
- We require that all catering be in house, but can assure you that you will love our food. Our chefs are highly trained, choose only the best ingredients and are flexible with menus should you have special dietary needs.
- Can we bring a band or DJ?
- Yes, you can bring any band or DJ you would like. We have a preferred vendor list that we can provide you if you would like recommendations.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- We do not allow outside food and beverage, however, apart from that couples are welcome to hire their own vendors. If needed, we can provide a preferred vendor list, but it is not required to hire a vendor only from that list.
- What kind of vendors should I be considering?
- Florist, hair/makeup, a photographer, a DJ or band, a photo booth, an officiant.
Amenities At Snowbasin
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- We do provide ready rooms for the bride and groom, as well as their wedding party.
- Do you provide heating and/or umbrellas for outdoor spaces?
- We can provide heating/shade for outdoor spaces. Pricing is negotiable.
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
- Snowbasin does have a sound system and microphones available for use.
- We don’t want a sit-down dinner, but more of a social event with finger foods and guests coming and going. Is this an option?
- Yes. We host all kinds of events and styles and have a full hors d’oeuvre and dessert menu just for this kind of occasion.
- Is there lodging close to the resort?
- Yes, the closest lodging is Lakeside Resort Properties and Escapes at Edgewater just 8 minutes away. Mountain Luxury Lodging manages these properties including shuttle services to the resort.
Parking & Alcohol
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guests park?
- Parking is on-site and complimentary.
- Can we bring our own alcohol?
- All bar service needs to be provided by Snowbasin Resort, in accordance with DABC laws.
If you’re looking to get in touch with someone for your Snowbasin Resort wedding, here is their website with a form for you to fill out! If you’re looking for a photographer for your big day, I would absolutely love to be there with you! I will do my best to answer any questions that you might have relating to photography or anything about your big day, in general. After all, I’ve been where you are and know from experience how stressful this process can be! Here is my contact form where we can get in touch. If you’re looking for other wedding venues in either Park City or Salt Lake City, check out the linked blog posts!