If you’re looking for a wedding planner in Utah County, I know just the girls that can help you! Heidi and Alex from Over the Top Events are a custom floral design and wedding planning company. They create classic and timeless celebrations that are as approachable as they are elegant. Heidi and Alex believe weddings should be beautiful without feeling stuffy and overdone. They specialize in organic, garden-inspired floral design combined with thoughtfully planned details that are personalized and customized to each couple. Heidi and Alex want to assure you that your wedding day is just as important to them as it is to you. The two of them want you to not only enjoy your wedding day, but also enjoy the planning and design process along the way. They can promise you that they can plan and execute your perfect day just as you’ve always dreamed it to be.
Thank you so much to Alex for answering the following questions that you’ll most likely run into as you’re planning your big day! It would be an honor to photograph your wedding and their work at the same time, so if you’re looking for a photographer, I would love to fill that role! Let’s get to the questions from your wedding planner in Utah County.
Services + Payment
- What kinds of services do you offer? (Month of coordination, full-service planning, or a la carte planning)?
- I offer all types of services. Full Wedding Planning, Partial Planning (divide and conquer approach), and Day of Coordination. I also offer hourly consultations.
- Do you offer payment plans?
- Kind of… I have clients make 2 payments. 1st to lock in date and then remaining balance is due 2 weeks prior to wedding day.
- How many meetings do you generally have with your couple?
- It really just depends on the planning package. Every client is different, but I do in person meetings as well as phone calls and Zoom meetings. Sometimes I handle certain aspects all together without client involvement.
- Do you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing?
- Yes, most of the time I oversee all of that with a selected vendor. Design, Mailing, All of it.
Working With Vendors
- Do you handle professional services, contracts and payment processing?
- I handle most all communication and design plans with vendors I hire. I do not sign any of their contracts or make any of their payments. That is all left for clients.
- Can you walk me through the process of selecting other vendors and how the couple is involved with that?
- I feel like it’s just a gut feeling thing. After in depth conversation with my brides I get a good idea of who they are and who they would pair well with regarding budget and personality. I don’t often hire photographers and videographers. That is typically a really personal decision. I do give my opinion though.
- Do you have preferred vendors?
- I do. But I always enjoy working with new people too!
- Do you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
- Yes! I manage the entire wedding day with vendors and all logistics. Everyone receives an in depth “Timeline Breakdown” from me 2 weeks prior to the event.
More About The Utah County Wedding Planner
- How many people on your staff will be at the wedding/event?
- Depends on workload. 3-5 usually.
- How many weddings have you planned?
- Wow.. not sure I know. Over 100 since 2015.
- What was the most unique wedding you ever planned?
- That’s a hard question. Looking back on each event they all had something special about them or a significant detail that stands out. I love details. A gorgeous tablescape or a firework show, a live band, something fun like that always makes it special. Not to mention great food always wins.
- How many weddings are you generally working on at the same time? Does it just depend on the season?
- I am the busiest January- August. I also cap out each year on how many clients I take for the season.
- Is wedding planning your full time job?
- YES! 🙂 Very grateful to do what I love and work for myself. Very proud of that.
- What is the average size wedding that you plan?
- Smallest was 50 guests and largest is usually open flow with up to 400 people.
- What challenges have you faced with weddings in the past, and how did you deal with them?
- I learn all the time from events. What things went well and what things did not. Sometimes when you are in the thick of it and problems arise, it’s best to just take a breath and ask for help from people you trust. I have also learned that even though I try, I can not control everything. Weather tends to be the biggest obstacle for me. And I can not control the weather, unfortunately. You have to make due or change plans quickly, and that can be tricky. Thinking fast helps in this job a lot.
Your Utah County Wedding Photographer
If you’re still looking for a photographer for your wedding day, I would love to be your Utah wedding photographer at whatever venue you’re choosing. Either way, just get in touch with me to make sure that I’m available, even if you haven’t booked your venue yet! Let’s get your date on the calendar. Check out these blog posts, all about planning a wedding in Utah County, featuring tons of amazing local vendors.