If you’re looking for an elegant, yet relaxing setting for a destination wedding, Whispering Oaks wedding venue is your place. Moab is one of my favorite places in the state of Utah. The typical wedding season at Whispering Oaks runs from late May through mid-October. At 8,000 ft elevation, their location provides an ideal outdoor, summer wedding with central access to a number of outdoor activities. The Ranch has 7 luxurious cabins, an outdoor venue space, including a big pavilion with two additional decks and a huge lawn on their 50-acre private mountain property offering gorgeous views of the La Sal Mountain range. Kathy from Whispering Oaks Ranch answered some questions that I hope will be helpful as you’re planning your wedding at this gorgeous Moab wedding venue. If you’re looking for a photographer for your Whispering Oaks wedding, contact me and let’s get you on my calendar!
Payment, Rental Fee & Vendors
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- Our ranch can accommodate up to 65 people overnight and up to 200 guests for wedding ceremony/reception.
- How much is the rental fee, and what’s included in that price?
- The rental fee varies depending on how many total guests. Wedding couples are required to rent all cabins, as well as the pavilion area. (We are currently reevaluating rates and do not have next season’s rates available at this time)
- Do you accept payment plans?
- Yes we do have payment plans available. We also provide a payment portal where couples can have guests who are helping pay lodging costs to make payments directly themselves.
- What’s your weather backup plan for outdoor spaces?
- The pavilion area is undercover and is the backup for inclement weather.
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers, or does the couple need to provide their own? If there is an in-house caterer, does the couple have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- We are a private property, so we don’t offer catering or other services – but guests arrange these according to their taste and budget. A vendor list may be emailed upon request. Guests are not limited to this list, but it can be a good starting point as these vendors have provided services for prior events at Whispering Oaks, so they are familiar with the property and setup.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors, or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- Though we do have a vendor list, we do not require that they use only those vendors. We will request names and contact information for outside vendors we are not familiar with, so we can make direct contact prior to event date.
Amenities at The Whispering Oaks Wedding Venue
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided or does the couple need to rent them on their own?
- No, we do not provide any of those items. Couples either need to rent the items or most couples use quality disposable items.
- Do you have an inventory of decor that can be borrowed from?
- We have very little decor, but we do have a few items such as Patron bottles used for floral vases/centerpieces. These are included in the pavilion fee.
- Can the couple use their own candles/confetti/sparklers/food-trucks?
- Candles are allowed. Confetti & sparklers are NOT allowed. We have a caterers parking area where food trucks can park and have access to electrical power.
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- Couples use one or more of the cabins for the wedding party to get ready or change later.
- Do you provide heating and/or umbrellas for outdoor spaces?
- We do have some outdoor heaters for use. Couples will often still rent additional heaters from local vendors, depending on their preferences. We have a few individual umbrellas for people to hold. We have several patio sets – at the pavilion area and at cabins. All of these sets have umbrellas.
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
- Yes we do have a sound system at our pavilion area stage. We have a couple of cordless mics and some wired mics as well.
Parking & Alcohol for Your Whispering Oaks Wedding
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guests park?
- The pavilion fee includes parking for all onsite and offsite guests. We provide parking attendants/assistance for the event day.
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
- Because we are a private property, and we are not the ones providing alcoholic beverages we are not required to be licensed. Also, because we are a private property, guests are allowed to bring their own alcoholic beverages. They would have to arrange for or hire any bartender(s) independently. Many groups will hire a shuttle service for their offsite guests to ensure that offsite guests do not drink and drive, as Utah law would hold whoever is providing the alcohol liable in the case of any accident.
Your Whispering Oaks Wedding Photographer
I would love nothing more than to be your photographer on your big day for your Whispering Oaks wedding. Fill out this form and let’s chat about details of your wedding day! I hope this information was helpful as you’re navigating the planning process. I want to be a resource for you and would love to answer any other questions that you have relating to anything wedding related, venues or photography! If you’re looking for a different venue, though, check out these other resources linked below. They will be helpful if you’re planning a wedding in Moab! Thanks for being here and happy venue shopping 🙂