An Amangiri wedding is something straight out of my dreams. If you’re looking for a gorgeous place to host a smaller, intimate wedding or an elopement in Canyon Point, Utah, Amangiri is your place. Their website says, “Amangiri blends into untouched red-rock country, claiming 600 acres of the vast and majestic Colorado Plateau, the original Wild West. In this desert landscape of canyons, mesas, ridges and gorges, the modernist Suites of Amangiri and the tented Pavilions of Camp Sarika offer an inspiring welcome to one of the world’s most dramatic secluded settings.” In summary, if you’re looking to be closer to nature and further from the city on your big day, an Amangiri wedding won’t disappoint.
Payment, Rental Fee & Vendors At Amangiri
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- What is the rental fee, and what’s included in that price?
- It varies if it’s a buyout, or if it’s a wedding package. Rental fee is typically just the venue location itself, we offer minimal furniture accommodations at this time for parties up to 20 that include tables/chairs. This will be expanded to accommodate in-house equipment up to 40 by 2022.
- Do you accept payment plans?
- We require full pre-paid before arrival.
- What’s your weather backup plan for outdoor spaces?
- We do not have weather backup spaces as we are a unique venue. The groups would have to plan and budget for tent options as a backup. Smaller groups of 10 would have indoor backup as private dining room options at either Camp Sarika or Amangiri.
- Do you have an in-house career or a list of “preferred” caterers, or does the couple need to provide their own? If there is an in-house caterer, does the couple have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- All food and beverage would be provided by Amangiri, and we do not allow outside catering vendors unless it’s kosher requires.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- We have a list of preferred vendors that we recommend to the couples, but we are open to having a discussion about outside vendors. It required more fieldwork on the outside vendor, scouting and planning.
Amenities For Your Amangiri Wedding
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided or will does the couple need to rent them on their own?
- We provide all silverware, plates, glassware, and we have tables and chairs up to 20 guests (we will have to accommodate up to 40 by 2022) Typically couples should rent their own tables and chairs as well as decor.
- Do you have an inventory of decor that can be borrowed from?
- We do not provide decor, it would have to be arranged from a 3rd party vendor company.
- Can things be moved around or is everything supposed to stay as is?
- We are open to moving things around.
- Can the couple use their own candles/confetti/sparklers/food-trucks?
- Yes to all but the food truck, which would be specific depending on the venue on property. It would have to be in a more remote location away from the main resort.
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- We are not like a typical event’s venue with greenrooms and changing rooms. It would have to take place in the suites they have arranged. The spa changing room is an option but not ideal as it’s not as bright there.
- Do you provide heating and/or umbrellas for outdoor spaces?
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
- We do not, it would have to be arranged with a vendor.
Parking & Alcohol
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guests park?
- All guests attending the wedding must be guests of Amangiri as we do not allow outside guests. All guests have complimentary parking at the resort via valet.
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
Your Amangiri Wedding Photographer
I hope this guide to Amangiri weddings was helpful as you’re navigating the planning process. Maybe you’re searching for other wedding venues in Southern Utah, though. Check out these other blog posts that cover any questions you might have about Southern Utah wedding venues.
Thanks for having a look! I would absolutely love to be your Utah wedding photographer at Amangiri or any other venue you’re choosing. Either way, just get in touch with me to make sure that I’m available, even if you haven’t booked your venue yet. Let’s get it on the calendar!