If you’re looking for a venue in Salt Lake City that is not your average venue, then you’re in the right place. The Natural History Museum of Utah is a unique and stunning place to host your wedding. The dramatic architecture and breathtaking views provide a uniquely elegant setting for your wedding. Nestled in the foothills, the Museum offers weddings in a beautiful natural environment just minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. With their uncompromising dedication to excellent service, the Museum will make your wedding distinctive and memorable. A Natural History Museum of Utah wedding is something that your guests won’t forget. I appreciate Megan from the Natural History Museum for taking time out of her busy schedule to answer questions that about this gorgeous venue.
Payment, Rental Fee & Vendors
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- Depending on how much of the museum you rent, we can accommodate up to 1,400 individuals.
- What is the rental fee, and what’s included in that price?
- We offer a wide range of different options. A section of the museum, or an outdoor terrace, can be rented out, or a particular combination of our spaces can be chosen as well. If so desired, the full museum can be rented out for your needs. Prices accordingly range from $550-$11,500 USD.
- Do you accept payment plans?
- Yes, if the full payment does not suit your needs, we offer two payments of 50% of event cost.
- What’s your weather backup plan for outdoor spaces?
- We have excellent indoor facilities in the case of an interruption by inclement weather.
- Do you have an in-house career or a list of “preferred” caterers, or does the couple need to provide their own? If there is an in-house caterer, does the couple have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- We require use of one of our approved caterers.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors, or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- We work with a list of approved caterers who have been trained at producing events in the museum; all other vendors can be selected by the couple. We do not charge vendor fees.
Amenities For Your Natural History Museum of Utah Wedding
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided or will does the couple need to rent them on their own?
- Tables and chairs are included in the rental fee; all other equipment is provided by the caterer.
- Do you have an inventory of decor that can be borrowed from?
- Can things be moved around, or is everything supposed to stay as is?
- Most things in the museum are permanent exhibits; smaller items like signs and other equipment are removed by museum staff prior to the event.
- Can the couple use their own candles/confetti/sparklers/food-trucks?
- No, due to the sensitive nature of our collections, candles/confetti/sparklers are not a possible option. Food trucks can be accommodated for outdoor dining for an additional fee.
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- If notified ahead of time, a room can be prepared for this purpose.
- Do you provide heating and/or umbrellas for outdoor spaces?
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
- Yes, we certainly do, and this includes set up/take down.
Parking & Alcohol
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guests park?
- Yes, we have on-site, complimentary parking in the front of the museum.
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
- Yes, we can accommodate alcohol service and our approved caterers have the appropriate licensing.
Your Natural History Museum of Utah Wedding Photographer
As you’re planning your big day, I hope these questions and answers were helpful. If you’re still searching for a wedding photographer, I would love to be there for you on your wedding day!! Whether you have questions about this venue or any other venue, let’s chat. Photography related or not, I would love to help you as best as I can. Maybe you’re searching for other wedding venues in Salt Lake City, though. Check out these other blog posts that cover any questions you might have about Salt Lake City wedding venues.
Thanks for having a look! I would absolutely love to be your Utah wedding photographer at the Natural History Musem of Utah or any other venue you’re choosing. Either way, just get in touch with me to make sure that I’m available, even if you haven’t booked your venue yet. Let’s get it on the calendar!