I sat down with Salt Lake City wedding planner Brooke Johnson of Saguaro Roots Event Co. and had the opportunity to ask her questions that are frequently asked by engaged couples. I won’t waste any time as we get straight to the questions and answers.
Questions and Answers
- What kinds of services do you offer? (Month of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
- Full service planning, à la carte planning and day of coordination
- How many meetings do you generally have with your couple?
- I meet in person about 2 times before. We FaceTime, email, call and text at least 2 times per week.
- Can you walk me through the process of selecting other vendors and how the couple is involved with that?
- I have my preferred vendor list that I go to first if they fit in the couple’s budget.
- Do you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing?
- I find a graphic designer and send inspo for the invites and order them.
- Do you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
- How many people on your staff will be at the wedding/event?
- I have two interns with me currently, so three total!
- How many weddings have you planned?
- What was the most unique wedding you ever planned?
- I’m planning one now in California. 🙂
- How many weddings are you generally working on at the same time? Does it just depend on the season?
- Right now I’m planning five, it definitely depends on the season. I try not to take more than one per month.
- Is wedding planning your full time job?
- What is the average size wedding that you plan?
- Do you have preferred vendors?
- Do you offer payment plans?
- I require half down at the time of booking and the rest is due the day before the event.
More Utah Wedding Vendor Spotlights
I greatly appreciate Salt Lake City wedding planner, Brooke Johnson taking time out of her busy schedule to answer these questions. To see some of her work and contact her, visit her website here! As you’re finding wedding vendors for your big day, I would love nothing more than to be your photographer! Fill out this form and let’s talk about your details. If you’re looking for a Park City wedding planner, check out this blog post on an FAQ that I did with Michelle Leo of Michelle Leo Events.