If you’ve been dreaming of having a wedding in the quaint town of Midway, Utah, the Homestead Resort wedding venue would be a perfect location. Nestled in the breathtaking Wasatch mountains, The Homestead Resort features lush trees and a gazebo with stunning views of Heber Valley. The resort also features a beautiful rod iron bridge that arches over Homestead Crater, as well as a newly renovated Garden Patio. I’m grateful to Jamie from the Homestead for answering some questions that you’ll run into as you’re booking The Homestead for your wedding day. I would love to be your photographer at this gorgeous venue if you’re still on the hunt for one! Get in contact with me by filling out this form and let’s chat about any questions that you have.
Payment, Rental Fee & Vendors
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- It depends on the season. During the summer, we can accommodate weddings up to 300 guests. During the winter months, 150 guests.
- What is the rental fee, and what’s included in that price?
- $5000.00 and this includes indoor & outdoor space, ceremony site, tables, linen, chairs, dance floor, bar setup, brides ready room, a menu tasting, onsite coordinator and an overnight stay in the Honeymoon Suite.
- Do you accept payment plans?
- Payment plans are accepted on prepayment for food and beverage. The venue fee is due at the time of booking.
- What’s your weather backup plan for outdoor spaces?
- Do you have an in-house career or a list of “preferred” caterers, or does the couple need to provide their own? If there is an in-house caterer, does the couple have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- All catering must go through Homestead.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- We offer a vendor list, but there is no additional fee to bring in different vendors. Except for food and beverage options.
Amenities For Your Homestead Resort Wedding
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided or will does the couple need to rent them on their own?
- Do you have an inventory of decor that can be borrowed from?
- Can things be moved around or is everything supposed to stay as is?
- We can customize your space.
- Can the couple use their own candles/confetti/sparklers/food-trucks?
- Candles are permitted on the tables. Confetti and food trucks are not permitted.
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- Do you provide heating and/or umbrellas for outdoor spaces?
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
Parking & Alcohol At The Homestead Resort
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guests park?
- Yes, it is complimentary. We also offer lodging options with a group discount for wedding guests.
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
Your Homestead Resort Wedding Photographer
I hope these questions and answers were helpful as you’re navigating the planning process. I would absolutely love to answer any questions that you have regarding venues or photography or anything wedding related. Being your Utah wedding photographer on your big day, whether it’s at The Homestead or anywhere in Utah, would be awesome. Either way, just get in contact with me to see if I still have your wedding date available. If you’re still on the hunt for other venues near Salt Lake City, Park City, Ogden or Utah County, check out these other blog posts!
Again, I hope this all was helpful! Happy venue shopping 🙂