If you’re engaged and looking for a Wyoming wedding planner, look no further! Monica from Sacred Rim Event Planning has been so kind to sit down and answer some questions about her wedding planning business. She is a lover of the outdoors (we could be great friends!), fishing in the crystal clear waters of Wyoming and sipping on a warm beverage. Aside from event planning, Monica is a piano and voice instructor and loves teaching music. She’s excited to help bring your dream event to life and is based in Dubois, but serves Jackson Hole and beyond!
Services & Payment
- What kinds of services do you offer? (Month of coordination, full-service planning, or a la carte planning)?
- We offer 2 month coordination and full planning for weddings, elopements and intimate gatherings. In addition, we have a la carte services that include hourly planning, wedding website management, stationary management and more.
- Do you offer payment plans?
- We do not offer payment plans, but our pay structure does not require full payment to secure our services. When a couple wants to secure their date, we ask for a 25% deposit along with a signed contract. The remaining balance is split into 2 equal payments. The payments are due six months before and one week before the big day.
- How many meetings do you generally have with your couple?
- Every couple is different and we strive to provide as much communication necessary to make the couple feel comfortable (with boundaries of course!) With that being said, we don’t have a number of meetings we do per se, just what is necessary for each couple.
- Do you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing?
- We have found that a lot of our couples like to take the reins when it comes to stationary. At this time, we do not offer stationary services in our packages, but do offer it in our a la carte options.
Working With Vendors
- Do you handle professional services, contracts and payment processing?
- We review contracts to ensure couples understand what vendors are providing and to also make sure vendors are executing what they promise. Couples sign contracts and pay vendors directly.
- Can you walk me through the process of selecting other vendors and how the couple is involved with that?
- Couples are 100% involved with the vendor selection process. Upon booking, we provide a preferred vendor list, but couples are more than welcome to choose vendors outside the list. We are very transparent and will provide any experiences we have had in the past with a vendor that may not be on our list.
- Do you have preferred vendors?
- Absolutely! We are all about referring couples to amazing vendors who are going to take good care of them.
- Do you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
- We certainly do, this part of our packages. All vendors are part of the wedding team and therefore we include vendors in the timeline creation process. For example, photographers are the first vendors we connect with to get their photography timeline. The main timeline forms with the photography timeline so that the day runs smoothly. Each vendor gets their own curated timeline.
More About Your Wyoming Wedding Planner
- What was the most unique wedding you ever planned?
- Every wedding is unique and special in its own way, so it’s really hard to pick one. But I would have to say a unique aspect of a wedding we had an honor to be a part of hired a magician as entertainment for their guests during cocktail hour.
- How many weddings are you generally working on at the same time? Does it just depend on the season?
- It absolutely depends on the season. The work load is different for each wedding depending on the package booked and event date.
- Is wedding planning your full time job?
- When we first opened, it wasn’t. However, we have been so blessed that it is now a full time job!
- What is the average size wedding that you plan?
- The average size wedding that we plan ranges from 75-120 people. We have done as small as 25 and close to 300 for the largest.
- What challenges have you faced with weddings in the past, and how did you deal with them?
- I think the biggest challenge we have faced is wedding planners/coordinators having a bad reputation for not doing their job. This creates a challenging environment when vendors don’t want to work as a team. We have found that touring venues and meeting vendors prior to events helps create a positive environment and a team mentality wedding day. Communication is key and it’s one of the most important parts of our job.
- How many people on your staff will be at the wedding/event?
- We are a husband and wife team 🙂
- How many weddings have you planned?
- We have planned/coordinated 17 weddings and have 11 more to go this year. We are so excited!!
Your Wyoming Wedding Photographer
I’ve loved learning more about Monica’s wedding planning business and would love to photograph her talent and your love on your big day! We both love the outdoors and love adventurous couples. My calendar books up on a first come, first served basis, so get in contact with me if you’re still looking for a fun, adventurous photographer. If you’re looking for more Wyoming wedding content, check out the blog posts down below. I have tons of helpful content for those of you planning a Wyoming wedding. Cheers!