The Chase Mill at Tracy Aviary has a really cool background story. It was originally built as a sawmill and gristmill in 1852 and is the oldest standing industrial building in the state of Utah. It was later abandoned and money was raised for the restoration of the building before it was demolished. The Chase Mill at Tracy Aviary now functions as an event space for weddings and parties. The Mill provides an intimate and unique experience, with three levels and an adjacent lawn. For more information about scheduling your ceremony or reception at The Chase Mill at Tracy Aviary, visit their website.
Payment, Rental Fee & Vendors
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- We offer both indoor and outdoor space within our rental facility. If it is a seated event, you can seat about 130 guests on the lawn and 160 inside the Chase Mill if all 3 floors are being used.
- What is the rental fee, and what’s included in that price?
- We have many price points, which we are currently in the process of updating. I will include our contact, which includes pricing and policy information. Any add-ons such as tables and chairs are an additional cost to the facility rental fee.
- Do you accept payment plans?
- Yes, we work with the couple and figure out the best payment plan for their budget.
- What’s your weather backup plan for outdoor spaces?
- We have the Chase Mill at Tracy Aviary, which has three levels in case of bad weather.
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers, or does the couple need to provide their own? If there is an in-house caterer, does the couple have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- We are an open food vendor, so they may choose whichever food provider they would like, including a food truck or self-catering. We do have a recommended vendor list, but they don’t necessarily have to use those contacts.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors, or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- Same as above. We are flexible, and they may use any vendor, and they may use our vendor list.
Amenities at The Chase Mill at Tracy Aviary
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided or does the couple need to rent them on their own?
- We have tables and chairs, but no plates, silverware, glassware, or linens anymore.
- Do you have an inventory of decor that can be borrowed from?
- Yes, we have an add-on sheet that is included in the contract.
- Can things be moved around, or is everything supposed to stay as is?
- Things can be moved, it is not a problem.
- Can the couple use their own candles/confetti/sparklers/food-trucks?
- Candles outside are allowed, but fake flame inside only. There is no confetti, glitter, birdseed, rice, or anything that can spill over to make a mess. We have roaming birds, and we don’t want them to eat those items. If they want to throw something we ask to be as natural as possible such as flower petals, leaves, dry flowers. Sparklers are allowed as long as they have a water bucket to make sure they are properly out.
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- We have a bridal suite but no groom’s area, unfortunately.
- Do you provide heating and/or umbrellas for outdoor spaces?
- We have a fire pit, propane heaters, tents, and umbrellas.
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
- Yes, we have a sound system with a wired microphone.
Parking & Alcohol
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guests park?
- We have a parking lot next to the Tracy Aviary that is complimentary, however, it is not managed by us since it is part of Liberty Park. This means that when events happen in the park, the parking lot does get full.
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
- Alcohol is allowed, but we don’t have a liquor license, so we require a bartender and that drinks be served after 5 pm once we are closed to the public.
The Chase Mill at Tracy Aviary Wedding Photographer
I hope this guide to The Chase Mill at Tracy Aviary wedding venue was helpful as you’re navigating the wedding planning process. I would absolutely love to be your wedding photographer for your big day at The Chase Mill at Tracy Aviary or any other venue you might be choosing. Either way, just get in touch with me by filling out this form to make sure that I’m available. My calendar fills up fast, and I would love to be by your side on your wedding day! Maybe you’re searching for other Salt Lake City venues, though. Check out these other blog posts (a couple of the venues are right next door to the Aviary) that cover any questions you might have about wedding venues in the surrounding area.