From bridal party pampering to honeymoon suites, the Grand America Hotel has it all. If you’re looking for an elegant and luxurious venue to host your wedding, The Grand America is your place. Their staff makes the process of planning your Grand America hotel wedding a piece of cake (pun intended) by providing in-house floral services and amazing catering. I’m grateful for the opportunity to have spoken with Becky about amenities and other details you won’t want to miss when it comes to your wedding at the Grand America Hotel. Check out the questions and answers below for more info on this gorgeous venue in Salt Lake City.
Payment, Rental Fee & Vendors
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- The Grand America Hotel has several ballrooms that can accommodate anywhere from 10-1,200 people!
- What is the rental fee, and what’s included in that price?
- We waive the rental fee for any room if the food minimum is met. We will discuss that individually with each couple.
- Do you accept payment plans?
- No; we take 25% deposit of anticipated revenue up front, and full payment is due the week prior.
- What’s your weather backup plan for outdoor spaces?
- We won’t contract outside unless we have a weather backup.
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers, or does the couple need to provide their own? If there is an in-house caterer, does the couple have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- We require all food and beverage are provided by The Grand America Hotel.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- We have a preferred list, but the couple is welcome to use their own vendors if they prefer, outside of food and beverage.
Amenities For The Grand America Hotel Weddings
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided or does the couple need to rent them on their own?
- Ivory linens and napkins are included. Small votive candles, as well as all silverware/glasses/plates and dance floor staging are included as well.
- Do you have an inventory of decor that can be borrowed from?
- No, decor must be provided by the couple.
- Can things be moved around, or is everything supposed to stay as is?
- Our furniture cannot be moved around.
- Can the couple use their own candles/confetti/sparklers/food-trucks?
- The couple may use their own candles and sparklers, but no food trucks or confetti (there would be a cleanup fee for confetti) is allowed.
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- We recommend using our guest rooms that they are staying in.
- Do you provide heating and/or umbrellas for outdoor spaces?
- No, but we do recommend rentals from Diamond Events and Tents.
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
Parking & Alcohol For The Grand America Hotel Weddings
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guests park?
- If the group is hosting underground self-parking, the fee is $6 x ½ their final guest count. Validations are provided.
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
Your Grand America Hotel Wedding Photographer
I hope this guide to The Grand America Hotel wedding venue was helpful as you’re navigating the planning process. I would absolutely love to be your wedding photographer on your big day at The Grand America or any other venue you might be choosing. Either way, just get in touch with me by filling out this form to make sure that I’m available. My calendar fills up fast, and I would love to be by your side on your wedding day! Check out these blog posts linked below that cover any questions you might have about wedding planning in the surrounding areas.