If you’ve never been to the Red Butte Garden, prepare to be blown away. It is absolutely beautiful, not just during the warmer months, but all year long. The Red Butte Garden wedding venue provides a beautiful backdrop for your big day, from mountain to city to garden views.
Venue Options For Your Red Butte Garden Wedding
There are two venue options to choose from at Red Butte Garden, which includes the Orangerie and the Fragrance Garden, as well as the Rose House located in the Rose Gardens. The Orangerie is a great space to rent out, it’s a large open room with floor to ceiling windows. It’s also filled with lush tropical plants. The Rose House is adjacent to the two rose gardens and opens up to a lovely shaded patio space with views of the foothills. I’ll highlight each venue in this post, so you get more of an idea of what each venue encompasses. No matter what venue you choose for your Red Butte Garden wedding, you won’t be disappointed!
Payment, Rental Fee & Vendors
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- The Orangerie can seat up to 150 for dining and hold up to 400 for a reception. An outdoor ceremony in the Fragrance Garden is included in the Orangerie rental. The Fragrance Garden can seat 150. The Rose House can seat up to 80 for dining and hold up to 100 for a reception. An outdoor ceremony on the Rose Garden lawn can seat up to 80.
- What is the rental fee, and what’s included in that price?
- The rental prices will depend upon which season we’re in, which day of the week you want to rent out the venue and which venue you’re renting out. Here is a chart below to help you out! You can also find updated venue availability here. The rental price includes tables and chairs, admission to the Garden for your guests, parking, a building for a reception, a space in the Garden for a ceremony, and staff to work the event. We have a sound system in the building, easels, a TV, microphone, and private dressing rooms.
|Orangerie Prices: April through December
Monday through Thursday
-Morning (9am-2pm) $1500
-Evening (5pm-10pm) $3000
Friday or Sunday
-Morning (9am-2pm) $2000
-Evening (5pm-10pm) $3800
-Morning (9am-2pm) $2700
-Evening (5pm-10pm) $4200
|Rose House Prices: May through September
Monday through Thursday
-Morning (11am-3pm) $1500
-Evening (6pm-10pm) $3000
Friday or Sunday
-Morning (11am-3pm) $2000
-Evening (6pm-10pm) $3800
-Morning (11am-3pm) $2700
-Evening (6pm-10pm) $4200
Vendors At The Red Butte Garden
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers, or does the couple need to provide their own? If there is an in-house caterer, does the couple have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- For all food and beverage, you’ll select from one of the eight exclusive caterers on our list, and their cost is in addition to the rental. More information about pricing and catering can be found here.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- The couple can hire their own vendors, besides for food and beverage.
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided or does the couple need to rent them on their own?
- Tables and chairs are provided, everything else must be rented out by the couple.
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- Yes, there are private dressing rooms!
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guests park?
- Yes, parking is available and it’s complimentary!
- What’s your weather backup plan for outdoor spaces?
- Both venues that you have the option of renting from have indoor spaces.
Your Red Butte Garden Wedding Photographer
As a garden lover and photographer, I would love nothing more than to be your photographer on your big day for your Red Butte Garden wedding. Fill out this form and let’s chat about details of your wedding day! I hope this information was helpful as you’re navigating the planning process. I want to be a resource for you and would love to answer any other questions that you have relating to anything wedding related, venues or photography! If you’re looking for a different venue, though, check out these other resources linked below. They will be helpful if you’re planning a wedding in Salt Lake! Thanks for being here and happy venue shopping 🙂