If you’re looking for the most scenic high alpine destination in the Tetons to celebrate your love on your wedding day, look no further than the beautiful Grand Targhee Resort wedding venue. At the time of writing this blog post, The Grand Targhee Resort has a handful of dates available for weddings in 2022 so inquire ASAP! From ceremony and reception sites to fine western cuisine, you and your guests will never forget the beauty that will surround you on your wedding day. If you’re still looking for a photographer for your big day, fill out this form! I also have very limited availability for this upcoming year, so don’t wait! I want to be a guide and resource for you as you navigate the planning process, so let’s get to the questions and answers about your Grand Targhee Resort wedding.
Payment, Rental Fee & Weather
- How many people can your location accommodate?
- We can accommodate up to 175 guests
- What is the rental fee, and what’s included in that price?
- Our wedding site fee includes the following services:
- Ceremony location on the Teewinot lawn
- Teewinot conference room and dressing room to get ready on your wedding day
- Cocktail hour site over the Teewinot deck
- Reception venue at our Aspen Meadow Pavilion with linens and full dining table set up
- Event manager available to assist you during the planning stages and on your wedding day
- Complimentary menu tasting
- Complimentary Sioux Lodge Loft suite on the wedding night
- Discounted guest lodging and room block with no fulfillment penalties
- Up to 20 scenic ride lift tickets for the bridal party on your wedding day
- Wedding service fees vary based on day of the week.
- Saturdays: $6500 (120 guests minimum)
- Fridays + Saturdays: $5500 (100 guests
- Mondays – Thursdays: $4000 (80 guests minimum)
- Do you accept payment plans?
- At the moment, we require a deposit of 50% of venue fees. The remainder balance is paid 180 days prior to the wedding date. BEOs are due 30 days prior.
- What’s your weather backup plan for outdoor spaces?
- In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be officiated in the Wedding Reception Pavilion. Since it is already decorated and nestled in a beautiful meadow, it makes a gorgeous setting for the ceremony.
Amenities For Your Grand Targhee Resort Wedding
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided or does the couple need to rent them on their own?
- All dining ware and furnishings are included in the site fee.
- Do you have an inventory of decor that can be borrowed from?
- We have romantic mountain rustic decor the couple is always welcome to use and is included in the site fee. We strongly recommend to make use of our decor so that the couple has more time to enjoy with their friends and family.
- Can things be moved around, or is everything supposed to stay as is?
- We can make some adjustments to our floor plan based on the couple’s needs. For the most part, we have a set-up that everyone loves and works really well with the flow of the evening.
- Can the couple use their own candles/confetti/sparklers/food-trucks?
- We strongly encourage the use of electric tea lights and fairy lights. Fire safety is a very serious concern as our resort is located in a national forest. However, with approval from our event manager, the couple may provide candles and other decor. Unfortunately, food trucks or any outside food vendors are not allowed at this time.
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
- The Teewinot conference room and bridal room are dedicated spaces for the bridal party to get ready and included in the site fee.
- Do you provide heating and/or umbrellas for outdoor spaces?
- We provide heaters for the outdoor spaces. Umbrellas have been unnecessary thanks to the shade of the many groves of trees.
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
- We have a sound system and microphone available for a small fee.
Parking, Alcohol & Vendors
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will guests park?
- Guest parking is complimentary and on the main lot close to the Targhee Plaza and all accommodations.
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
- We are licensed to provide alcohol service.
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers, or does the couple need to provide their own? If there is an in-house caterer, does the couple have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- Our in-house executive chef, Eric Gruber, will provide well-designed menu options for the couple to taste. All food and beverage, except for the cake, must be sourced through Grand Targhee Resort.
- Can the couple hire their own vendors, or is there a preferred vendor list they need to stick to?
- The couple may use our recommended list of vendors, but we are always happy to welcome new ones with the Events Manager’s pre-approval.
Your Grand Targhee Resort Wedding Photographer
I hope this was helpful as you’re planning your wedding. Elopements are also beautiful at Grand Targhee and I have some guides and resources on eloping in Jackson. I’ll link those down below and know they will be helpful for you as you’re planning a wedding in Jackson. As I said above, get in contact with me if you’re still looking for a photographer or need advice in any way!