If you’re considering a wedding in Moab but aren’t sure where to begin when it comes to planning your big day, then this is for you! I had the opportunity to chat with Moab wedding planner, Jessica Dewitt, and took down the answers for you! I want to be a guide for you as you’re navigating the planning process and hope this is helpful. As always, I’d love to be your Moab wedding photographer (or anywhere that you’re tying the knot)!! Fill out this form and let’s chat about any questions that you have.
Services & Payment
- What kinds of services do you offer? (Month of coordination, full-service planning, or a la carte planning)?
- All of the above. We offer inclusive elopement + micro wedding packages, do in-house florals, and have month of wedding planning + full service planning packages.
- Do you offer payment plans?
- Yes we do. Our deposit is 50% at booking + a second payment mid project + the final payment a month before the wedding.
- How many meetings do you generally have with your couple?
- It depends on the package they choose! Most of the times my planning clients meet with me 1-2 times per month and month of coordination clients meet with me about 2 times overall.
- Do you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing?
- For our full service clients we do!
Working With Vendors
- Do you handle professional services, contracts and payment processing?
- Can you walk me through the process of selecting other vendors and how the couple is involved with that?
- We will only ever suggest vendors to our clients if we know they are available. So in bringing out recommended vendors to the client, they are good to go, and makes that decision process just a lot quicker. After our first meeting with our clients, we work on matching them with the perfect vendors that would fit them the best.
- Do you have preferred vendors?
- We have vendors we suggest to our clients individually. Every location + client is different, so our recommendations vary from client to client
- Do you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
More About The Moab Wedding Planner
- How many people on your staff will be at the wedding/event?
- Two minimum for events of more than 50 people.
- How many weddings have you planned?
- What was the most unique wedding you ever planned?
- Oh gosh, I like to think all my events are unique because I plan them to match my clients and their personalities, but I love a good Moab wedding with a helicopter tour!
- How many weddings are you generally working on at the same time? Does it just depend on the season?
- It does depend on the season, but typically we have about 20 weddings per season not including elopements. Summer + fall is the busiest.
- Is wedding planning your full time job?
- What is the average size wedding that you plan?
- We plan weddings from 2-200!
- What challenges have you faced with weddings in the past, and how did you deal with them?
- Do mother in laws count? haha JUST KIDDING..Many of my clients have Pinterest type dreams of what they want their elopement to look like. However, they don’t see the work that goes behind making those pictures possible. The 4 mile hikes, giant floral installs on a side of a cliff, dresses with lengthy trains, it isn’t a piece of cake by any means. I work really hard for my friends (aka clients) to make them get the absolute most out of their day. I’ll do anything I can to achieve the goal they are looking for, for their special day! I’ve swam under kayaks in the ocean to get the shots, I have stood on the edge of cliffs, etc. I love doing it!
Your Moab Wedding Photographer
As mentioned earlier, I hope this information about Dewitt Planning was helpful as you’re navigating the planning process. I want to be a resource for you in multiple ways, while also making the whole process less stressful and more fun. My calendar for this year is booking up fast, so inquire here! However, if you’re looking for other wedding venues near Moab, I’ve got your back! Check out the blog posts linked below for more helpful resources 🙂 happy venue shopping!